Monday, April 6, 2009

a game of tag




What a fun way to begin the week! A game of tag with my talented friend, Julia of Red Otter. 'Share an interior that best represents you'. While I've just lost an hour perusing Design Sponges' sneak peeks, I've been dreaming of the perfectly cozy home; loads of light, layers of texture vintage and new, simple forms, splash of foliage, subdued palette of warm hues...sigh. A space to welcome friends, wrestle with wee ones and find quietude alike. I lean toward the 'lived-in' rather than high style and found two shots (sorry I've broken the rules) that capture my perfect morning and night.

Evening shot I believe is a cafe but still an interior. And wouldn't it make a divine eat-in?! Nothing compares to casually communing over a carafe of wine. Love the hand-scribbled chalkboard specials. image from ???

Morning shot via designsponge. And nothing compares to that strong cappuccino, sunlight bathing my face and cozy time with my little gal the next early a.m.

Two more impossibly perfect spaces to soak in here and here

Oh and I think I'll tag Sharon, Danica and Isabelle. You're it!

5 comments:

comfies said...

tyler, the closed in porch interior absolutely kills me. what an excellent choice, it's my idea of heaven. and i love being tagged! this is an especially good one, i'm in! though it might take me some time to find it....

xox

Two Mittens said...

I'd love to spend some time time in those spaces!
My grandma used to have a screen porch (which got quite dusty) but it was a favorite spot as a kid.

Isabelle said...

You are beautiful inside ...
Give me 2 days and I will show you mine ...

Julia said...

I'm in love with these two images! I'm so glad you did this project, i was so interested in the image(s) you would pick!

Thank you for sharing!

Mrs.French said...

this is how I imagine your surroundings...actually this is how I dream that one day my surroundings would look...sigh...xo t