Thursday, March 5, 2009

'a powerful noise'




Did you know this weekend celebrates International Women's Day? Immense gratitude to our Great, Great's for paving the uneasy path. An amazing film here brings to light global issues while paying homage to a collective struggle. The viewing is tonight across the country but events are planned around the world the next several days. Join hands, 'hear us roar', make a difference.

images from the film, A Powerful Noise.

Love and respect woman. Look to her not only for comfort, but for strength and inspiration and the doubling of your intellectual and moral powers. Blot out from your mind any idea of superiority; you have none. ~Giuseppe Mazzini

2 comments:

Toujours Dimanche said...

I just watched the trailer for the documentary you liked here. I'm in Canada, so it won't be here, but I wish you go and tell us how it was. It looks so powerful and hopeful.

Sure, sure! I don't mind you put me in your blogroll... i did the same! This place is inspiring and you have so much talent to create clothes I see my future child in.

Happy women's day in advance!

Anonymous said...

Thank you very much for sharing this with us, I am inspired... I posted a link to your blog as well and wanted to point others to your stunning space and craft, you are a lovely bird★

Warmly,
-M