Tuesday, January 13, 2009

la vie en rose





Life through rose-colored glass indeed. And what's wrong with that?! Stumbled across this gorgeous find of vintage European film archives. Dazzling, I've just lost hours peeking into history abroad, catching the crackles, romantic yet abrupt. And the quirky movements and manners of yesteryear. Images circa 1896 by Nadar the pioneering photographer that captured the stage in stills. This magical little journey began here. And my passion for Paris can be found in this clip here.
Sigh... Je t'aime.

6 comments:

Sarah Von Bargen said...

Oh those are fantastic! I especially love the last one - caught mid grin and leap.

Julia said...

I've never seen anything like it!

Mrs.French said...

so, so lovely...we are thinking alike today aren't we my dear...xo t

Bonbon Oiseau said...

these are so beautiful! amazing...

hmstrjam said...

something about the silence of these films makes them timeless and a little scary...

Michelle said...

Oh my, this is soo romantic, so special and lovely and I just get so inspired by it!