Monday, September 22, 2008

the writing's on the wall




Found this gorgeous typographic work via dailypoetics. A contemporary Trajan's column yet reminiscent of first kisses and childhood tree carvings. Humankind has made its mark on walls and posts for centuries. And I have always loved the notion that very few degrees separate us all. I don't know much about this project but a lovely archetype of man's need to record history in a tangible voice.

Gordon Young at Crawley Library - work in progress - library opening January 09

7 comments:

Julia said...

This is such an exciting project! Two of my favorite things: wood and type :)

Mrs.French said...

oh my...this is stunning...thanks again Ms. Tyler for introducing me to more loveliness...

muralimanohar said...

How very cool. What a beautiful form of graffiti. :D

Michelle Engel Bencsko said...

Very nice- I'd like to see this in person.

kendalee said...

Wow! Beautiful.

Couture Carrie said...

Waht an interesting exhibit . . . like modern totems!

xoxox,
CC

Anonymous said...

i have fallen in love with your blog, it is lovely.